A scone with a filling called pizza has become a national cuisine not only in Italy, but in many modern countries like the United States and Australia, and in four centuries. You can gather a lot of interesting facts about pizza all over the world. Numerous materials from the Internet will allow you to learn the most interesting questions about pizza. In this article, we describe some interesting facts about pizza.
- This dish was created by the bakeries of Naples in the 16th century. Originally, this food looked like a flattened bread cake covered in white cheese sauce. This cuisine took its modern form in 1552 when the first tomatoes from America were brought to Italy.
- The world’s first pizzeria was opened to the public in the 18th century in Naples. This site was known as the Pizzeria Antica PortʼAlba. Today the menu of the legendary restaurant includes more than 30 varieties of this dish.
- This food began to conquer the United States in 1905 when the first pizzeria in New York City was created. The idea of this enterprise belonged to a native of Italy. It was an immigrant named Gennaro Lombardi.
- You can find unusual information about pizza on the Internet. Readers can learn online that the founders of the competition in honor of the Italian Prime Minister named the Finnish pastry that won the international competition in 2008. This was done because “wroth” Silvio Berlusconi, who had been given a second place on an Italian dish, said that the Finns were not at all good at making real pizza.
- Interestingly enough, the world’s largest round Italian meal was 37.4 meters in diameter. It was 20 years ago. This huge meal was rectangular. 320 kg of sauce and more than a ton of cheese were used to make it.
- One of the most unusual things about pizza is that it was brought to the International Space Station with a special rocket in 2001. This procedure cost administrators $1 million.
- The tradition of buying pizza in boxes by transport originated in the United States in the middle of the last century. There are thousands of Italian bake delivery sites on the modern Internet. With the food, the customer receives a printed advertising product that publishes much different information about the pizza.
- Frozen pizza is new to the world. The Airport Pizza pizzeria delivers this dish. It is located in the town of Nome, Alaska. The farthest villages are provided with pizza by aircraft.